1. To get it running, the two most important items you will need: the charged batteries & quick release plate.
2. Press down the cover release and lift up the battery. (You will need to hold the grip tight to make it easier)
3. Install the back column batteries positive side up and front column batteries positive side down.
We will take BMPCC 4K as an example:
4. Use an extra quick release plate to adjust the camera over to the left. (For the large size of the camera)
5. The quick release plate is mounted to the memory quick release plate.
6. Attach the camera to MOZA Air 2.
7. Attach the iFocus to the follow focus support rod.
8. Adjust the iFocus so its teeth lineup in the lens gear.
9. Set the camera forward and backward to adjust the balance of the pitch axis.
10. Now position the camera with lens pointed up and in this position we will be able to adjust the height of the camera center of gravity.
11. Connect CAN cable to iFocus then to Multi CAN port on MOZA Air 2
12. Adjust the roll arm in or out until roll axis does not rise or fall
13. The last adjustment is the yaw(pan) axis. Hold the gimbal horizontal and take note of roll motor position.
14. If roll motor position is high then yaw(pan) arm needs to be pulled out
15. If roll motor position is low then yaw(pan) arm needs to be pushed in
Let's get to know more about MOZA Air 2 and how to use different modes on it.
Ifocus can be used to control lens zoom.
You can learn how to set start and end points below.
Inception mode is an exceptional way to add a dramatic twist of camera movement.
Double press speed button to enter inception mode. Then press the joy stick to the left or right to rotate the camera. Also the smart wheel can be used to control auto rotation while in inception mode.
By rotating the smart wheel you can change the rotation speed.
Pull the smart trigger twice to exit inception mode.
The smart trigger can perform a few different filming modes.
If the smart trigger is pulled, it will hold the position of the gimbal. To resume gimbal movement, release the trigger.
To select sport mode, press FN button. Pan will display the letter Q to indicate sport gear mode.
Smart trigger in sport mode will speed up motor response times.
Triple press smart trigger button to have the gimbal rotate 180°to face the operator. FPV mode is great for vblogging or catching a selfie video.
Press the smart trigger two times to exit the FPV mode.
Rotating smart wheel to adjust motors’ response to movement
L indicates the axis is locked.
F indicates the axis will follow.
Push joystick in one time to switch pan axis from follow to lock.
Push joystick in two times to switch roll axis from follow to lock.
Push joystick in three times to switch tilt axis from follow to lock.
In which all axes are lock and you can use the joystick to position.
Pan follow mode
Pan follow mode is great for panning the camera.
Tilt follow mode is used to tilt the camera.
Tilt&pan follow mode is a great choice when the camera needs to explore the scenery or track the difficult subject.
Most users will typically hold the gimbal in this position for the majority of shots.
Flashlight mode has a gimbal position in which the gimbal can use inception mode.
It’s great for capture the shots from low angles and especially useful at canceling out rise/fall of walking. Use a mini-tripod as hand extension for jib shot and help spread out weight.
Open the MOZA master App. Press connect and select MOZA Air2.
The App displays the gimbals’ battery life, motor output and more.
Tap gimbal settings to access:
Tap camera settings to access:
This mode will suppress steady drift which is only used when the gimbal is placed on a stationary tripod.
Hold joystick and then press power button. Open the MOZA App, confirm that you want to do the upgrade.
How To Shoot A Timelapse Video With MOZA Air 2
Do you ever wonder just like me how on earth these wonderful timelapse videos are shot with MOZA Air 2 gimbal? If you do, then you have come to the right place, because in this article I will show you how to unlock this cool skill with detailed step by step guide. Hopefully, you could shoot a fabulous timelapse video yourself as well, and if possible, send it our way to share with us. You are more than welcome.
Camera, MOZA Air 2 gimbal, tripod(if needed), camera control cable.
1. Connect the camera to the MOZA Air 2 gimbal with camera control cable.
2. If you shoot a street scene, then you may need to mount a filter on the lens in order to blur the cars.
3. Power on the MOZA Air 2 to do the gimbal settings. First select the camera mode in Camera set, choosing the same brand with your camera brand, and in my case it is Sony.
The second useful setting is tripod mode. Usually, you should accurately calibrate the gimbal,but when you turn on the the tripod mode, everything will work fine.
4. Open the MOZA Master APP and connect the gimbal to set the timelapse parameters. Select “Creative Video”, then “Motionlapse”.
Here we will set a timelapse shoot. With MOZA Air 2 you can do multi-frame movement, which means you can choose more than two camera positions within one timelapse shoot. Let’s make a shoot in which we follow the road.
To add a keyframe, tap the button marked in red and this keyframe will appear on the screen, then you could add other keyframes.
In this shoot we have 5 keyframes.
After that, we set other parameters like shutter interval and shooting duration.
5. When all parameters are set, we could preview this shoot to see whether the camera moves in the same track as planned.
Besides, we could go to each camera position to fine-tune it by tapping that position showed on your phone screen and moving it, and the gimbal will also move with it.
If all thing is ok, tap the Start button to start the timelapse shooting.
Sometimes Less is More
Hopefully, this article could help you master this very cool timelapse shooting skill.
MOZA official store: https://store.gudsen.com/
1.Turn off the gimbal and enable Bluetooth function on your phone.
2. Launch MOZA Master App; Turn on Boot mode. Hold joystick and press power button.
3. Select “confirm” to upgrade the firmware.
4. Select “upgrade” to start the upgrade process. This step will take a while. Please be patient.
5.When the percentage turns 100%, the upgrade is complete. Then select “confirm”. Please restart the device after that.